Case Study - Card Controls
Card Controls is the ability for a credit card holder to lock their card whenever they want, receive alerts for a wide range of activities on the card and manage many aspects of their account from a website interface. As this new capability was being implemented, my UX team began the process of researching, studying, developing concepts, creating prototypes and sample content (writing) and testing concepts.
After many months of input and changes from management, we developed working prototypes that helped us refine the design, language and usability. This feature has now gone live, and is in use by many of the largest retail brands in the country.
We looked at several competitor examples, identifying elements that seemed to work and those that obstructed the flow.
Performed by the lead IxD, we analyzed all possible user scenarios, from losing their card to simply wanting it turned off.
Ah, the whiteboard. The UX team, along with key project stakeholders, came together in a series of design thinking exercises where we discussed and sketched out ideas.
After multiple iterations, testing and revising, we created design mock-ups for user testing and review. Each UX team member was involved in user testing and discussing edits and refinements.
Once testing was completed and revisions made, we delivered a design spec for the development teams. As the UX writer, I stayed in contact with the developers and lead IxD throughout the process to ensure accuracy and proper implementation. I also spent a buttload of time annotating the content in the design so developers could copy and paste the text instead of typing it in.